<SOLVED> I Crashed Too

Hello, everyone. So, I’m trying to do the Trigger Volume tutorial and my program started crashing too. I noticed people were having this issue and I checked the code and everything looks ok. When I try to use the Details tab to look at the chance to label the Pressure plate to the TriggerVolume though, there is nothing in the list drop down and I don’t know why. So there is no way to get the pressure plate to label and when I run the game it crashes. Does anyone understand why this is?

Also, I get an error when I build, and it might be because I updated Epic Games? All help is greatly appreciated.

can you put a screen shot of details on trigger volume?

You need to set a trigger volume otherwise calling methods on PressurePlate will throw a nullptr exception.

Also in your second picture, that error is saying you’re trying to launch the UE4 project in your solution not your game project, right click your project (under the Games folder in the solution explorer) and select “Set as Startup Project”

I cant seem to set a trigger volume because when I click the drop down for PressurePlate, there is nothing there at all…

Did you create one in your scene?

Make sure you have a Trigger Volume object in your scene. I hope this screenshot helps…

1 Like

Cool. I got it. I see what I did wrong: I actually put a box trigger instead of trigger volume into the scene so there was no way to set it to the open door.

Ow my, I also had this problem. First time, I actually broke my version control and started again. The second time I finally figured out that I forgot to connect the PressurePlate to the trigger volume. Thanks for this post.

At least doing this all again, is usefull for the learning experience!

I had the issue my game was crashing. For me the issue what was creating the crash was i only set the pressure plate in one of my 4 doors. So all the other 3 doors created the crash when looking for the Trigger Volume. Make sure if you have more then one door to set on each door the pressure plate to a trigger volume

1 Like

Thanks, that solved my problem!

I had the same issue, thanks!

Thanks!

Privacy & Terms