Block Breaker errors within web browser

Hi people, I finished this section and upload my breaker game more than 5 months ago and then I wanted to make an update and upload it again. But when I upload it again, it started to make this error:
Christmas Break Game

An error occurred running the Unity content on this page. See your browser JavaScript console for more info. The error was:
uncaught exception: abort(121) at jsStackTrace (Christmas Break Update.asm.framework.unityweb:2:27460)
stackTrace (Christmas Break Update.asm.framework.unityweb:2:27631)
abort (Christmas Break Update.asm.framework.unityweb:4:32613)
fkm (Christmas Break Update.asm.code.unityweb:25:1)
xfl (Christmas Break Update.asm.code.unityweb:7:1)
Xgi (Christmas Break Update.asm.code.unityweb:5:1)
jcm (Christmas Break Update.asm.code.unityweb:25:1)
invoke_iiiii (Christmas Break Update.asm.framework.unityweb:2:331806)
Gyl (Christmas Break Update.asm.code.unityweb:25:1)
sAl (Christmas Break Update.asm.code.unityweb:25:1)
f3 (Christmas Break Update.asm.code.unityweb:8:1)
e3 (Christmas Break Update.asm.code.unityweb:8:1)
AEb (Christmas Break Update.asm.code.unityweb:11:1)
mEb (Christmas Break Update.asm.code.unityweb:11:1)
Q6b (Christmas Break Update.asm.code.unityweb:13:1)
P6b (Christmas Break Update.asm.code.unityweb:13:1)
TVa (Christmas Break Update.asm.code.unityweb:16:1)
Pha (Christmas Break Update.asm.code.unityweb:8:1)
Cha (Christmas Break Update.asm.code.unityweb:8:1)
Ddm (Christmas Break Update.asm.code.unityweb:25:1)
browserIterationFunc (Christmas Break Update.asm.framework.unityweb:2:48327)
runIter (Christmas Break Update.asm.framework.unityweb:2:51419)
Browser_mainLoop_runner (Christmas Break Update.asm.framework.unityweb:2:49864)

If this abort() is unexpected, build with -s ASSERTIONS=1 which can give more information.

Is there no one can help me ?

If you zip up your entire project and share it I will take a look for you later this evening. The forum supports uploads up to 10mb, if the project is larger than that then you can use Dropbox or Google Drive for example and post the URL.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8y66XatDjFFUV9vc3BBRkd4ZWM?usp=sharing

here is the google drive link

1 Like

Grabbing it now…

Updated Sat Sep 09 2017 22:17

I am getting errors as soon as I try to build / run this locally. Sounds file issues. Do you receive the same?

Updated Sat Sep 09 2017 22:35

Also getting nullreferenceexception errors on line 28 of the GameScript.cs file.

These are due to this (scene 01)

Same issue exists on scenes 02 and 03.

Updated Sat Sep 09 2017 22:37

Probably best for you to resolve all of these issues and then re-share the project with me, I will take another look then.

Hope this helps.

Okay, Thank you for your attention. I dont think that these are the problem because they were there before I reworked on the project however I will try to fix the issues.

Those missing references will be causing the nullreferenceexception errors, so probably the best place to start.

Happy to have another look once you have resolved those, just tag me in a reply using @rob etc. :slight_smile:

Hey guys after I fix the issues it worked kinda. But now there is just camera issue. It doesnt show the scene well. A little bit on the right. @Rob

Perhaps it has been moved?

Share the project again, or, take some screenshots of the canvas and the camera, both with their details in the Inspector :slight_smile:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8y66XatDjFFUV9vc3BBRkd4ZWM?usp=sharing I upload the project again. @Rob But In order the to understand whats wrong you should look it on web, because I dont have ny issue in unity.

Hi,

I am currently rebuilding my laptop so won’t be able to download the project for a little while yet.

In the mean time, try checking the X/Y position of the canvas, and also the camera.

Updated Wed Sep 20 2017 10:22

@Hsgngr, just realised I haven’t responded to this, after finally getting my laptop back up and running. My apologies.

How are things going, have you managed to resolve the issue in the meantime?

Hey! I checked it out and the problem isn’t in Unity, it’s in your setup on itch.io - if you fullscreen the play area (box on the bottom right of the window) it will show the full game.

So, to fix this, if you edit your itch.io game page, under Embed Options, you should try to increase the Viewport Dimensions and that should solve the problem.

thank you for your attention, I checked the site, I upload in different sites, different zip files, changed embed Options however it always make a huge gap in the left of the screen. @Rob @Scott_Lappi

I upload to gamebucket too, there is an error in there too.

1 Like

Hi,

I would be happy to take a look if you can zip up the whole project again, as it is now.

Here the new fresh zip sir. @Rob
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8y66XatDjFFUV9vc3BBRkd4ZWM

That grey bar, which makes it look like your game is shifted to the right is being caused because you have the background image scaled and have a fixed screen size.

In the build settings for WebGL you have specified 960 x 600…

…the background object in the Hierarchy has scaling of 0.3756 on X, Y and Z - along with the offset for it’s position.

If I create a screensize of 960 x 600 for the Game view;

You can see the issue exists within the editor, long before we get to a WebGL build…

The grey is the 960 x 600. Thus we can see that your background image has been scaled down and isn’t filling the screen.

I took a look at your background image, it has a resolution of 2047 x 1536 - this is an aspect ratio of 1.3333. If we do a little math on the screen size selection, 960 / 1.3333 = 720. I have just created a screensize in the Game view of 960 x 720 and now the image fills the screen;

Looks like your issues are simply image size / scaling / background size etc…

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

thank you a lot I think I you are right, I will be more accurate when I work with size, scale etc.

1 Like

No worries, it was an interesting issue to look through, as I hadn’t expected that to be the issue initially. :slight_smile:

2 posts were split to a new topic: [Help] Unable to play game via web browser

Privacy & Terms