SoftwareRnD - Anagram Terms

Hello everyone!

Here are my three areas and words for each, but before that I have a little anecdote I want to share:

While working on the previous chapter on the Introducer script, after adding it, and playing the game, I had only one debug statement in the console. When Ben showed four instances via the Find Ref in Scene option I was like “holy shmoly where did I go wrong?”. It was late in the morning so I went to sleep, just so to find out that I’ve done it correctly straight away. :slight_smile:

Maybe some of You guys noticed the same thing? :slight_smile:

Also, I like the thing when @ben mentions spiral learning because I totally agree that is the way to go, especially when learning something which involves new software packages.

Best regards,
Milan.

Anagram Words …

1. Local Post office
    • letter, package, postman, stamp, envelope
  2. Local Bank
    • automatic teller machine, door bell, guard, order numbers display screen, clerk
  3. State Government
    • prime minister, president, national assembly, healthcare, foreign affairs

Hi mcvetkovic, can you tell me what the “Find ref in Scene” is? I don’t remember it from the lecture and it sounds useful.

1 Like

Hello @clayrehling, sure no problem.|

You can right click on any object in the Assets folder and select that option.
It will point you out to all of its instances in the Scene.
Useful for tracking down scripts for example (as we can see from the lesson itself) if one of them is attached to more than one object (as we saw in lesson, debug statement triggered more than once, because there were 4 instances of the same script [template], while it should have been only one).

Thanks for writing!

Best regards,
Milan.

Privacy & Terms