Social Media Question?

What is the best way to handle social media for when looking for a job as a game designer? Let’s say I have my resume, cover letter, portfolio site, youtube channel, and the perfect LinkedIn profile. Now I personally have Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. I’m pretty casual on those as I like to talk about games, check out game trailers, comment about games, check out indie game dev on twitter, share some major life events throughout the year, and my fitness bodybuilding journey.
Is that okay or should it be more professional like a brand?

I understand your concern. Building and managing your online presence as a game designer is crucial in today’s competitive job market.

Your mix of personal and gaming-related content sounds perfectly fine. In fact, it can be a strength. It shows your passion for the industry, your interests, and a bit of your personality – all of which can be appealing to potential employers. You don’t need to be overly formal or brand-like unless that’s your natural style. Just be yourself, engage in discussions, and share your gaming journey. However, if you ever feel overwhelmed or want to take it to the next level, you could consider hiring a social media agency. They can help you strategize and manage your online presence more effectively.

Yeah, it’s pretty crucial. I’m not too worried about having an interest in game design online, etc. It’s LinkedIn that I’m worried about. I don’t want to jeopardize my job and then I won’t be able to pay rent, food, etc.

The one I’m most concerned is LinkedIn is because my job requires that I promote them and have company banner and professional photo promoting my computer which is a tech company. I worry that if I change it to gaming, they will fire me for doing so because they know I don’t want to stay in IT forever.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms