So much time wasted... šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

Oh no! I was following the wrong tutorial all along!!

Iā€™ll have to start overā€¦ :man_facepalming:

Another great tutorial series by Grant Abbitt:

4 Likes

Hehe, funny :smile:

Would be a great base for the sculpting though ^^

3 Likes

Itā€™s clearly just procrastination at this pointā€¦

ā€¦ must sculpt!

5 Likes

This was a practice sculpting experiment using the multires modifier at 4 subdivisions (Quick&Dirty just using my mouse on the 1st low-poly model above):

Want to compare the low-poly-to-multires sculpting experience to the dyntopo experience. Donā€™t have enough experience yet, but from the lecture vids it seems dyntopo is a lot more forgiving.

Yes this is still procrastination, but at least it is sculpting practice :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

so low low poly. I am loving this.

1 Like

I take it dyntopo does not work using multires then?

That low poly girl tutorial by Grant is great - I completed it a few months back.

Grantā€™s funko pop DeadPool is great too, very detailed with bone rigging etcā€¦

1 Like

Multirez and Dyntopo are not to be done at the same time as multirez depends on the underlying topology to remain constant, whereas dyntopo adds topologyā€¦ so, if you want to multirez, make sure all your dyntopoing is done, or constantly apply the multirez (which kinda defeats the point of the multirez, but still seems needed to bake multirez as the ā€œbake from multirezā€ still doesnā€™t work for me).

1 Like

Oh dear I thought they had fixed multires. It seems so good a way to build the ā€˜low resā€™ first then detail scuplt and bake on.

Strange, Iā€™m using 2.91, where this isnā€™t a problem anymore.

1 Like

Donā€™t know why it didnā€™t work for me in previous test, but youā€™re rightā€¦ seems like it works with GPU rendering also. :+1:

1 Like

3 Likes

Funny mismatch. The lower SketchFab Orc looks like playing guitar.

Orc Rocks ā€¦

1 Like

Privacy & Terms