So, do you know how to submit bug reports for Godot...?

This doesn’t work for me – on Linux the collision are not detected, either that or the signals are not sent or received. I even added an extra node with a circular collision to see if it was specifically the polygon collisionPolygon2D or collision in general, and it still does not work.

My code looks like this:

extends Node2D

# Called when the node enters the scene tree for the first time.
func _ready():
	pass # Replace with function body.

# Called every frame. 'delta' is the elapsed time since the previous frame.
func _process(delta):
	pass

func _on_maze_area_exited(area):
	print("Area Exited")
	get_tree().reload_current_scene()

func _on_maze_area_shape_exited(area_rid, area, area_shape_index, local_shape_index):
	print("Area Exited")
	get_tree().reload_current_scene()

func _on_area_2d_area_entered(area):
	print("Telepad Entered")

func _on_area_2d_area_exited(area):
	print("Telepad Exited")

…I see no way I simply did it wrong, it is too simple and too small an amount of code for that. So, I need to report this to the Godot developers. (In the mean time, I had some already started Unity projects, until either Godot is working or the Unreal Editor is stable.)

I’ve looked at Godot’s web page and Github repository, and neither of them seem to have bug tracking, so it would probably be helpful to everyone, at least everyone on Linux, to report this so it can be fixed. Do you know of a place where I can submit this to the engine developers?

Hi JaredBGreat,

The only place i can find where you can post a new issue with the godot engine is linked below.
Hope it helps

1 Like

Thanks – I’m going to save that link, just in case, since I couldn’t find it on the main repo page for some reason. I’ll be posting the same code and stuff there, along with computer / OS specs of course and other detail they might need.

(Some of what I put here was just to show, if the question came up, that I had done all the stuff you should do to make it work.)

Thanks again! :slight_smile:

It turns out the problem was needing to use a body_entered / body_exited instead of area_entered / area_exited. I could swear the lesson said to use the area version, and I didn’t see there were other options further down the list.

glad you got it working.

yea, the signals can be confusing when looking to see how things are interactable and which way round to raise the signal on.
but this is something that’s covered quite a lot through the course in the different sections to reinforce learning.

hope your back on track and enjoying working through the course.
at any time through the course if theres somehting that doesnt click or work, please shout and we can help out :slight_smile:

Darren

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms