Snowboarder Question - Triggers to Restart Level

Hello! I’m up to the Triggers to Restart Level lecture in the Unity Game Developer Course. And I’m having an issue. When the instructor (by the end of the video) has his character turn upside down to create a kind of Fail condition, his head bounces off the Level Sprite Shape and the Trigger works, generating the print to console, indicating he failed.

In my version, for whatever reason, the head goes through the LSS (so he’s floating upside down on the shape, held up by the snowboard), but it still prints to console. I thought maybe it’s because I had the Circle Collider on Barry listed as Trigger. I changed that, and it made him land on his head! But he doesn’t bounce like the instructor’s did AND it doesn’t register as a failure and doesn’t print to console. Thoughts?

Hi Jonathan,

Actually, Barry is supposed to not bounce with his head but to move into the snow because trigger colliders do not have any solid body. Rick’s Barry doesn’t do that either in later lectures. Rick assumes that the surface effector caused the bouncing in that moment.

Did this clear it up for you?

See also:

Yes, thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms