Snowboarder, player's whole body sinks

lecture 009 Trigger to restart level.
After adding circle collider to the players head and writing the script, during play when I invert the player, then upon hitting with the ground, although the console does return the message, but unlike in the video, where the player bumps his head, my player sinks directly inside the ground except for the snow board.

Hi,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

Actually, Rick’s Barry should have dived into the ground instead of bouncing off. In later videos, you can see, that he doesn’t bounce anymore. Rick suspects that the surface effector made the head bounce in this case. Sometimes, there are undesired side-effects, and since we didn’t write the Collider2D classes or the surface effector class ourselves, we cannot prevent those side-effects.

See also:

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying.
In the previous challenges when he asked us to make a ball that will rotate on the ground, i have used normal 2d object-sprite-circle and then added Rigid body and collision collider, unlike rick where he had used physics-dynamic- sprite, so maybe this had some extra function that the normal 2d object might not had.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms