Snow Boarder - Trigger Question

I’m on part 28 of the C# Unity course and I followed the instructions for the crash behavior on the Circle Collider 2D on the head of the player character, but when running the game, the head passes through the ground when he is flipped upside down. Now, based on previous lessons, this seems normal, since when you make something a Trigger, objects can pass through - but on Rick’s video, the head bounces off the ground. Is this a problem with my Rigidbody settings?

Hi,

Actually, Rick’s Barry should have dived into the ground instead of bouncing off. In later videos, you can see, that he doesn’t bounce anymore. Rick suspects that the surface effector made the head bounce in this case. Sometimes, there are undesired side-effects, and since we didn’t write the Collider2D classes or the surface effector class ourselves, we cannot prevent those side-effects. :confused:

So, no, you probably did not do anything wrong.

Did this answer your question?

See also:

Thanks for clarifying! I did end up seeing the Collider behave the same as mine in the Particle Effects video, but I still wanted to confirm I hadn’t done anything different.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms