Snow Boarder - Build Problem

Hi, after trying a build for macOS and testing it out, my character’s rotation is messed up and it rotates very very slow. I noticed this sometimes happening when clicking play in unity, but it goes back to normal after a scene reload. However in the build it stays like that. What could be causing this? Thanks.

Hi,

Have you tried to increase the rotation speed of the player?

Bear in mind that the Game window is just a laggy preview. Don’t rely too much on what you see there. Instead, adjust the values so the build feels good.

If the issue persists, rename Update to FixedUpdate in your code. Remove Time.deltaTime from FixedUpdate.

Did this help?

See also:

Hi,

I tried your suggestion and had to increase the torque amount by 4 times what it was in the preview so that the build felt the same (from 10 to 40). I find it very strange that there would be such a huge difference for it to feel the same.

Thanks for your help.

I agree. If the difference is that big, it’s suspicious.

Here is what you could try:

Make a backup of your project folder by duplicating it. Save the duplicated folder somewhere else, maybe on an USB stick. To save some free space, you could delete the Library and Temp folders in the backup folder.

Then install the latest stable version of Unity. Import your project (not the backup!) into it. Open your scene and test it. Sometimes, there are bugs in Unity causing unexpected results.

I don’t own a Mac myself but I vaguely remember that a student mentioned that there is a VSync(?) option in the Game window. Maybe try to disable it. Or enable it if it is disabled.

I found this problem in Unity’s issue tracker. Maybe yours is related to it.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms