Smoother looping animations

I notice that the idle rifle animation isn’t a perfect loop - there’s a small jerky step at the end when it resets to the beginning.
Is it possible to blend the end of that animation with the start in some way - to smooth out the cycle?

try check the loop pose in animation setting under the Loop Time.

1 Like

The animation does loop perfectly, you can see it at 15:30
Maybe you accidentally deleted some frames in the animation?
Or maybe you modified some settings in the animation import?
You can download the project files for the lecture and compare with your own

I’m sorry Hugo @CodeMonkey but that doesn’t loop perfectly. Take a closer look at your reference (15:29 and 15:34) and you’ll see that the gun barrel drops suddenly at the loop point and the character moves backwards a bit. It’s not a large motion but it’s the sort of thing that really bothers me and I’ll always fix it if possible.
@Zin_Linn_Aung thanks for the suggestion, I will try that!

That snapping at 15:29 and 15:34 is a cut in the video, it’s not the animation. I’ve got the project open right now and it’s looping perfectly.

Maybe you accidentally modified the animation? Do you see that snapping while just previewing the animation in the animation window? Or only while in Play mode? If it’s only in Play mode then perhaps you have some weird transition happening.

If it is an issue with the animation itself what you can do is edit the animation.
Select the Unit, select the Animation in the Animation window, then copy the first frame, select the keyframe on the top row to select all, and paste it in the end. That way the first frame will perfectly match the final frame and it will loop perfectly.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms