Smooth Waypoint Follower Script 📄

this is so good that christmas came in april
thank you

That’s really nice! :grin:
Thank You

Thanks for writing this script the way point script in unity standard assests is not fit for purpose.

Thanks for this script Thankyou vary much :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :star_struck: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Why not use UnityEvents for the method calling feature?

Thank you! Waay smoother than the previously used script.

Thanks alot @Zaneris this helped so much. Thanks for the public domain as well man, i appreciate it!!!

Hi all,
Unfortunately I am stuck on video 84.
I am using Unity 2019

How can I add waypoints for this new script?
Thanks

Hello Vladius,
I 'm using unity 2020.
You create a circuit with the WaypointCircuit script
Attach the Better Waypoint Follower script to the Camera and link the circuit with the waypoint circuit script on it to this script.
Then it should work fine.
Hope it helps.
best regards
Tommy

@Vladius if you watch Zaneris’s youtube video he explains how to use the script. hope that helps

Thank you very much, i was honestly hating the idea that i felt everything i’m doing wasn’t working at all because of the poor performance and wobbliness of the utility’s waypoint progress tracker. I honestly can’t thank you enough, now i can at least continue this section with an open mind :heart:

Thanks Helped A lot!!

Thanks a lot for that script :slight_smile:
Any idea why after switching scenes I’m loosing saved values from Varying Speed?

Thank you, Zaneris! This is really cool and useful !

I was quite excited after seeing this video about how this New Waypoint Follower works but sadly I am not able to drag and drop the Waypoint Circuit to the Better Waypoint Follower as it doesn’t seem to accept it.

Click here to get a better understanding of what I am talking about (articulation is not exactly my strong point :slight_smile:

Oh and here is the Error text: Assets\BetterWaypointFollower.cs(149,20): error CS0122: 'BetterWaypointFollower.circuit' is inaccessible due to its protection level

I wonder why this is not working, probably has to do something with Unity 2020.2?

This is fantastic!
Thanks for including this script. It solved my issues.

Really saved my bacon! Thank you so much for making this!

Privacy & Terms