SMASH - BOWLING ALLEY Render

Due to my limited experience, this is the best I can do with the bowling alley project. Would love to improve the lights and shadows but that will come in time I trust. I was able to guess my through getting a texture to be placed on a plane for both the wood/alley and pin machine area.

Any additional comments, tips or tutorials on lighting/cameras send em my way.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Love that you fleshed out your scene with a background and accent lighting. The latter could be improved by using the light to direct our gaze: instead of having it come from the right, make it come from the top into center, so it directs our eyes towards the ball. Or perhaps, have it come directly from behind the ball/pins so it gives all of them a nice rim light.

1 Like

Thank you, yes these are all concepts I need to lean. I feel lucky enough to have gotten this far.

There is a sun lamp and 3 point lamps surrounding the scene, I tried backing them all down to low power so as not to blow out the highlights and set a few to light blue and light red.

Not sure if this is much of an improvement, it’s all subjective to some degree but I toyed with the lights and shadow settings. The pins are a little brighter as well as the background area.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms