Small bug on climbing ladder

So i just found out that the player can stand on ladders just like standing on a platform which is weird…
Any way to fix this, i think the player can only climb up the ladder till some point, not standing directly on it like that

Hi,

Yes, the player is able to stand on the ladder. Have you already taken a closer look at the colliders in the scene window when the player is standing on the ladder like that? If you are able to figure out the moment/ exact case when the player is standing like that, you will very likely be able to filter for that case in your code and make the player do something else.

perhaps I could put a collider right on top of the ladder to stop the player from climbing way above the ladder?

Yes, that sounds like a potential solution. Have you already tested your idea?

well but there is one problem, i don’t know how to add so many colliders to all of my ladders. Since there are so many ladders in my ladders tilemap, adding a collider only good for 1 ladder, what about others?

A quick idea: You could add a collider to the player. If that collider does not touch the ‘Climbing’ layer anymore while the player’s other collider is still touching that layer, you make the player do something.

1 Like

Well i have tried but now my problem is if that collider does not touch the ladder, i cant climb down either, but i just want to lock the going up, how do i enable the player to still climb down the ladder but not climbing up tho?

What is ‘up’ and what is 'down? If you are able to tell that, you will certainly be able to express that in your code, for example, in an if-statement.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms