Slow moving

When I was working in course 9 I noticed tha Blender is moving very slow. WHen I rotate with the mouse it is not smooth its very jumpy. I just tried uninstalling and reinstalling and its still the same. Has anyone else had this problem?

The only time I’ve experienced those issues was when my graphics card was dying. If you use it regularly and it’s over a year old I would recommend running a benckmark program just to make sure it’s working correctly. If it’s new than it could be that it just doesn’t have the power required to run Blender.

Thank you so much for getting back to me btw, I’ll check into it.
Just to be sure there wasnt a typo, benchmark or benckmark. I am not a very tech savvy person :frowning: My laptop isn’t a year old yet. Its an MSI with an i core 7and nividia ctx 960 dedicated graphics card for gaming. I am on Second Life almost every day and have no lag issues or any other problems.
Blender seems to be the only issue, very weird. Even just running my cursor over the tool bar otion names dont highlight few a few seconds, clicks repsond slow.

It is benchmark. It will tell you how fast the card is running and how hot
it gets. If you’re not tech savvy maybe have someone who is take a look at
it. I had a dedicated graphics card for gaming too, Blender ate it after a
few months. Blender demands much more power and memory than any game I’ve
encountered.

I was here in time today for an AMA, and all itwas was i needed to update my graphics card. Its the little things that mean so much and can get passed over so easily :slight_smile: Thanks everyone, Was a great, informative chat session. I will definitely be joining again.

Privacy & Terms