Sliding is pulling down the verticies above the bottom faces

Followed the instructions to the letter. I wonder if there is something wrong with my model?

I Selected the bottom 3 faces, pressed GG, moved the mouse to make sure it was on the Z axis, but I can’t get it to keep the step above it level, it just pulls it down when I type in 0.5.

Thoughts?

For what it’s worth I’m using Blender 2.92.0, and the same problem occurs when just moving it with G -> z -> 0.5

Try moving it by mouse movement not the number. It may be the number is wrong for your model.

It is helpful to get full screenshots too. This can be done by Blender itself, via the ‘Window’ menu bar top left hand side. On that menu drop down is ‘save screenshot’

Same problem/effect when just using mouse, it continues to pull down the vertices.

Keep in mind, that the latest versions of Blender don’t comply with the User Interface spoken of in the course.! Best is to use the same version!

Also, try to learn what a command does (how it operates) instead of copying the keystrokes instructed by the teacher. Like gg. This first g means grab, while the second g means along the edge(s). So you do not need the z key. ggz is meaningless.

Also, the user interface changes at every release a bit. Finetuning the UI.

Check the dimension of the pyramid and is the scale is 1. If not apply scale.

1 Like

I must have borked my model up, I recreated the whole thing and it works like a charm now. No idea what happened there! Luckily the instructions from the previous lecture were very straightforward, only took me about 2 minutes to recreate it (and now I have much better practice!)

As for ‘just recreating’ I looked up what the keys were changing the mode to and read the blender docs to double check my understanding!

2 Likes

Sounds like a great result. Redoing simple models is often a good and easy way to sort a problem out.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms