SimpleShooterGameModeBase None

It says it’s already created because it started with a C++ project, but I don’t have it.

Can I make and use a game mode base class?

Have you tried deleting these 3 folders: Binaries, saved, config?

After doing that right click on your uproject and select “generate project files”

This is a habit you should get into to fix compiler errors that make no sense

edit: binaries intermediate saved

Not config, although that won’t damage your project

Thank you for your answer.
I did not delete it. I thought I had to take a lecture, so I created a game board-based class. :sweat_smile:

If I delete 3 folders, does the game mode base appear?

A lot of times the files in those 3 folders become cluttered (they are not essential for your build, they are mainly for your program studio to work with ue) and as they grow larger and larger and files become edited and grow, they confuse themselves. When i first srated the shootergame course i struggled for hours trying to figure out why i couldnt create a shooter character even though i didnt have that class at all

Try save all, close ue, and your ied, delete saved, intermediate, binaries. Right click your .unreal project file-> more options(if on windows 11) generate project files. Open the solution, then run from the ied and try again.

If that doesn’t work post the error message you are getting

No. Unreal just changed the project templates in 5.3 (or 5.4). Previously when you created a blank C++ project you would also get a game mode with the same name as the project. But it was completely empty.

This is what it looked like from the very start of the section:

SimpleShooterGameModeBase.h
SimpleShooterGameModeBase.cpp

This barebones class is no longer created with the project.

Are you referring to the issue where you can’t get the game mode from the base class in versions 5.3 or 5.4? Thank you for your response.

Are you suggesting that I should implement this now even though I have already created my own game mode class, or do you mean that I should consider this approach if the issue arises again in the future?

Im saying to do it when you encounter an error and can’t figure out what it could be.

Deleting those 3 folders will not affect your game. It will help your compiler. You can do it whenever as long as ue5 and your source code is closed

I’m saying that you no longer get AProjectNameGameMode (with ProjectName being… the project name) when you create a blank C++ project anymore i.e. you no longer get those two files I linked when you create the project.

You can create one using AGameModeBase as the parent.

Oh, I see what you mean. Thank you for letting me know. I’ll try that next time something like this happens.

Now I understand. Thank you very much for informing me.

Privacy & Terms