Simple Shooter - Lec 02 - Pawns vs Characters in C++ - Feedback by Leonardo Cruz

At 11:26 looks like Sam is confused why the character pawn didn’t spawn as expected so he probably stopped the video to figure it out and then he comes back with a different edition of the video what is completely fine but to don’t cause doubts and confusion to the students I think would be better if the edition stopped at 11:23 and then get back at where now is 11:30 this way it would avoid the change of scenario from when he first hits play to when he gets back explaining what happened.

Thanks, I’m getting this edited. Must have slipped the net.

Thanks @LeoFox. Edits have now been made.

I just watched this lecture for the first time on May 30, 2020, and there still is a bit of unnecessary and potentially confusing info.

At 11:00, you explain that a player start needs to be added before checking if the character pawn change has taken effect, but the map already includes a Player Start. This could be confusing for someone if they add their own player start and appear elsewhere when clicking play. You could probably cut 10:58 - 11:22.

Fortunately I already had played around in the level, so knew there already was a Player Start :sweat_smile:

I mention later in the course so we end up seeing the effect of having two player starts.

Privacy & Terms