Simple Shooter - Lec 01 - Project Setup - Feedback by Leonardo Cruz

The .gitignore file is not added to the sources of the lecture.

I don’t know if the Simple Shooter section is going to be in the same course as it is now, but using the VCS in the VScode and saying that the students don’t need to have anything else is quite confusing for whoever is already using the Sourecetree as in the past lectures with Ben. Having in mind that most of the students are just following the instructor lead and not deeply understanding what is VCS all about, in this case.

If VCS is being introduced for the first time in the course, that this lecture is going to be in, a more detailed explanation about VCS would be better for the student to situate with it. Maybe in a separate video, before this one, to make it clear to the student what he is going to need it order to fully understand the content of this lecture.

Presenting the asset pack with the VCS content, for the first time, in the same lecture is confusing in a way that the students can’t figure if VCS is an extension of UE coding or if it is a VScode step in order to start coding in it, what never make it clear that VCS has nothing to do with UE or VScode but that it is a tool to keep track of your project’s data, that it is not mandatory but yet a professional manner of working whit a game or any other kind of project.

I know that it is probably not the focus of the course or lecture but when you touch a topic like that and don’t go deep enough into it, it can be more confusing than helpful.

Thanks Leo, I will probably just cut out the VCS mention here.

Good idea! Just mention to commit and that is it.

Privacy & Terms