Similar issues when moving objects after locking rotation

Hello all,

After locking the rotation on my pawn, my pawn now works fine after or before grabbing an object. However, When I grab some objects, the pawn is pushed back into a wall… Further, although I normally regain full control of the object after the initial push, sometimes the grabbed object continues to cause the pawn to drift… Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help!

I am also experince the same thing after making the changes

I have found that if I dampen the linear change I can let go of the object and wait and I will stop moving again, but it seems to be the case that my guy just wants to take off at 10000 kilo per hour the moment i start to move with the item.

F = MA

Guess, the way the pick up works, is it displaces the item from where it is at, to where the camera is at, I think.

From there we have a force being applied to the actor we control from the calculated acceleration of them item and the mass of the item, that force then acts against the actor, given a heavy enough actor you wont notice anything at all, but if your actor is lighter than the mass of the object your lifting your actor will go flying.

I think this is the issue that I created because I was too lazy to build a room, or make a table, i just decided I would set the giant rock on the pressure plate and make sure the chair didn’t activate, to prove code was working.

solution for me was simply to decrease weight of the item.

I didn’t try increasing my own weight, but i am sure that works also.

Privacy & Terms