Side project with Bezier Curve

I have created a tile cutter model for my DYI project and got it printed! Used Bezier Curve, minimised amount of vertices to keep the shape needed. Used reference material for 1/4 of the model, added mirror modifier twice (x, then y axis) to get the rest :slight_smile:

Curve

Full model

3d print

14 Likes

With a little bit more effort, by adding edge loops, you could have a more smoother print surface!

2 Likes

Well done good practical use for Blender.

Higher poly would give smoother printed models.

2 Likes

I agree the model could be smoother, however, in this case clay shape was what matters, it’s quite small (5x6cm) so can’t really see those edges :slight_smile:

My first batch:

And now… back to the course!

6 Likes

That looks good and interesting. I hope you will show us later stages of this project too. I presume you fire and colour, glaze, them next?

2 Likes

Nice :+1: Cool you can put blender into something real. I first thought they were cookies, that would be delicious :cookie:

2 Likes

Great job! Yes, you are right. I didn’t recognize the scale. You’re starting an other big job!
Blender is so much fun!

1 Like

Well there’s no need to fire it, this is some sort of air drying clay :smiley: I will paint them and then add varnish to finish :slight_smile: Will update the topic with both steps for sure!

1 Like

Haha, could be used for cutting cookies as well… Starting to crave for cookies now… :speak_no_evil:

It is! Already hooked :slight_smile:

1 Like

you people just creating confusion for me. sorry.

@Anil_Kumar could you be more specific?

Privacy & Terms