Showcase of the CryptRaider game and a few questions

Hello! Decided to showcase my take on this game. I spent a bit of time on the level design and made a mechanic to unlock the cell door with a key.

Here’s the gameplay, I forgot to remove the debug draw functions but I don’t think it matters much here.

I also have a few questions.

1. The lighting between Play In Editor and Standalone Game differs a lot. In Standalone Game, the lighting is much darker (as seen in the video). It’s as if the skylight doesn’t work and the shadows are just pitch black. What could cause this and how would I solve this?

2. During movement, you can see short flashes of white, which I assume is caused by occlusion culling not rendering the geometry fast enough and the camera ends up catching a glimpse of that. Is there a way to solve this? I’ve tried using the HZBOcclusion method but I didn’t notice any big changes.

3. When building the editor, the UI values I’ve entered would disappear. I know this was mentioned before but I always close the editor before building and the values would be gone nonetheless. Is there anything I could do to solve this since it really messes with productivity.

Thanks, I’ve had a lot of fun with this project!

3 Likes

Amazing work! Really liked the level design!

Privacy & Terms