Show us your final FPS project!

We’ve completed Zombie Runner and I’d love to see what you come up with. Please do share a video or some screenshots here!

2 Likes

My final level design for my forest.
Gameplay soon

16 Likes

I love it! Waiting for gameplay!

1 Like

I like the zoom and how you put the weapon when running! Good ideas!! And the atmosphere is creepy! Good work!!!

For my taste, the music is a bit too loud compared with the other effects, but that is a personal opinion.

Waiting to try it!

1 Like

Thank You Rick! This was a great section and tbh the one I enjoyed the most!
Perfect balance between content creation and scripting!

I started the RPG course before Zombie Runner came out, but found it too steep and lost motivation during Saving section. Imo more of a expert/advanced course.

Would love to see a Intermediate Unity 3D course, steadily increasing from the level we just reached with Zombie Runner.

Also I would immediately buy your Unity network/multiplayer course, if it came out :wink:
something I’m greatly interested in (introduction to network basics, creating a simple multiplayer game covering lobby, connecting to servers, setting up GameObjects properly, etc.).

Will probably go through your 2D course now, and try again RPG course after that.

Thank you for your hard work! Already learned a lot! Big thumbs up!

4 Likes

Good work! The atmosphere is great!!

I have one suggestion: Do the inverted mouse (up/down) configurable, it’s difficult to use if you are not used to it.

1 Like

Agree with everything you said in your post. I was in the same boat as you. I finished the 3D course and the Zombie section wasn’t done, so I went and did the 2D course. I then went and did the RPG course and that Save section is no joke…super complicated. I was discouraged as well…but I just pushed through. I recommend just pushing through that one as best you can because after that section is over it gets much easier. That section is the hardest by far. I also agree that a Unity network/multiplayer course would be awesome!
Edit:
Saw that Sam posted this the other day about the saving section. Maybe it is easier now?
“I’ve just dropped a new section 8: “Saving Asset Pack”. If you struggled with the saving section as being too advanced, now this section will allow you to import the saving features as an asset pack and teach you simply to integrate that pack with your project.”

1 Like

Thanks for everyone. It has been a great course. As a professional C# programmer I didn’t maybe learn significant amount of new stuff programming wise (except that first time I heard about Queues in C# was in tower defence part… mindblown :exploding_head: ). I wanted to get familiar with Unity and that I did. Couldn’t been much better structured course imo and would recommend totally. I enrolled to my first game jam which starts at the end of this month. I think with these teachings I should be fine and should be able to create a simple game. Gonna now relax and maybe learn a bit Blender before that game jam and after that probably going to buy that RPG course.

Anyway, back to my zombie fps

I did add some sounds to my game and added some extra assets, but my priority was in learning Unity and not polish games to maximum at this point. Here’s my end result

3 Likes

Great work. Looks fun. Do you have a link to play it yet?

Me? No, I didn’t plan to share playable version. Maybe I will tomorrow build it share it but I wouldn’t count on that :smiley:

1 Like

Let me know if you do! I want to try it.

Great work!

Just updated my level design for my game!

6 Likes

Really enjoyed this section of the course! Finished the course and ran with it a bit. Added lots of new features to the game such as main menu, music, sound effects, hidden easter eggs, story, ending, how to play demo, etc. If anyone would like to try it out for free here is a link to the game. I would love to hear any feedback on the game both positive things and constructive criticism.

Scene3ScreenShot

4 Likes

Great work.

Here’s my version of the game that has mummies instead of zombies. https://youtu.be/LB47rP3mYhE

1 Like

So there’s still quite a bit more I want to do with my game, but it’s going to take a while so I thought I’d share what I’ve done so far.

So my game is less horror themed and more fantasy, where you explore a dungeon found in the desert that’s filled with skeletons. There’s something valuable deep inside the dungeon but no one has reached it yet. What that something is, I have no idea yet. :smiley: But when you find it, press Middle Mouse Button to open.

You have two weapons: a staff and an energy sword. With the staff, you can either rapid fire by repeatedly clicking, or hold down for a more powerful shot (think Plasma Pistol from Halo). The sword does huge damage, but only has two charges. Once it runs out, it does significantly less damage. You also have a torch that slowly burns out, but you can rekindle it by touching it to another torch. But you probably won’t use the torch because I forgot to turn shadows on, so the atmosphere doesn’t look as EPIC as the screenshots.

Lastly, there’s a bit of a bug where sometimes when you touch a wall, you continue sliding down it and can’t come away. You can “un-stick” yourself by facing the wall with your weapon, but it’s still not ideal. I’ve played around with the values on the Slippery Material, but that doesn’t do anything. If anyone knows how to solve this, please say. :smiley:

2 Likes

Alright! I’ve finally got it to a point where I’m happy. New things added:

• A Start and Credits scene
  • New sounds
  • Health bar
  • You can open and close doors
  • Other things I would rather you discovered :wink:

The thing you’re looking for is a knight’s helmet (Made in MagicaVoxel. I’ll look at buying one from the Asset Store if I decide to get serious with this game). Once you find it you need get back out.

I’m thinking it could be one of many pieces of armour from a legendary knight that holds… some sort of power. They’re all scattered in different dungeons and the idea of the game would be to find them all.

Hope you enjoy it, and let me know what you think. :grinning:

3 Likes

Finished my game and added some new features such as healthpacks and aim and leaning animations. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

hardcore horror FPS game based on this course

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms