Show us your early gameplay loop

In this lecture I updated my sandbox and tuned my enemies. Still a long way to go, but technically we now have a game with a start, middle and end.

I spent too much time on this. :slight_smile:
I chose a “Get from A to B” type concept for this run.

My level:

The prototype assets from the Standard Assets pack have a real Portal-ly feel to it for me so I guess that is what I had in mind when I made this level.

Cool features:

Moving Platform to avoid a fiery death:

Health here!

Big boss fight before the end:

Stuff I should work on:

• Enemies aggro through walls and separate levels, and will attack through walls, if the wall is thin enough, instead of walking around to greet me. They huddle together too, which adds to the fun of entering a room, I suppose.
  • The animation I gave the enemies puts them facing into corners most of the time, because there is a little bit of walking around in the Idle anim. This especially applies to the big boss that was scaled up in such tiny halls.

Have a nice day! :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Objective: Find and extinguish the magical fire.
Enemies: Skeletons and 1 boss.

I have to work on:

• Explosion on the skeleton, the skeleton runs and the explosion occurs where it was when it was hit.
  • Some graphic, (change of color of the reticle canvas) to know the range of the magical “laser”.
  • Dead if the player falls into the river.
  • Script to control the “health” of the fire to “kill” it.

Other things to do someday:

• Spawn generator for skeletons.
  • Death animation (enemies and player)
  • Hit animation.
  • Player health/strength information.
5 Likes

Prototype level looking like a prototype level

3 Likes

I love the magic cat concept. XD

This is my little 3d maze, a lever is used to open the enemy’s cage and it will chase us through the maze.
There is a second lever that opens a wall where the end is.
I have spent the afternoon to learn how to use the lever to activate the animation of other objects and then repeat it in 5 minutes with new animations for the second lever.
Some walls have insufficient separation to pass, but that can trick the player into getting lost a little by seeing those gaps between walls.
When seeing an error in the console I decided to repeat some tests but it did not fail again.

1 Like

My game concept is “Get resources and upgrade, repeat.” where you start your game in your base, get out search for resources in other places (buildings etc.) and if you return to your base alive you can use those resources to upgrade or unlock new stuff for your base or your weapon.

Some Screenshots

Base:

Outside:

Overview:

5 Likes

Did a kill all enemies goal. Working on building a custom enemy asset via Blender, though I am tsill animating. Idle is a walk, chase will be a run, though its just a faster walk animation at the moment, and still need to animate an attack.

The tuning was super helpful, I feel like there is actual tension now.

Before tuning:

After Tuning:

2 Likes

My Concept is that you are a bounty hunter. In this “level” you need to kill some guards to enter a robot shop and retrieve a droid that might know more info about your target.

It depently misses animations for enemies, as well as sounds etc. It feels empty.

4 Likes

Coming along nicely!

1 Like

Here is my Scene after tuning

1 Like

In “Undead Hell” the player starts at the right upper corner of the map and has to make his or her way down to the left bottom corner, where freedom shall await those who pass…

Link To My Zombie Shooter Prototype
Well you better check prototype gameplay. I’ve added enemy spawn mechanics, and now I have army of zombies running to you from everywhere.

This is where Grimbo is at right now, I’m liking how the game looks and feels but the enemies feel mindless and not too fun nor scary to fight against, so I want to work on that.

And the actual gameplay is to get from A to B, from where you start to that floating sphere. And I did a bit of adjustments to the enemies speed, detection range, and changed the player’s health, so that the player will die if hit 4 times.

The objective here is to scape from the walls.
The idea of the final game is: you are lost in the forest and you have to find a way out of it.
“The Fear Forest”

My objective is to eliminate all enemies. My innovations were to bake the navmesh so that enemies can drop down off of roofs, and to have enemies aggro nearby enemies when they enter aggro mode. I figured a swarming mechanic would be fun.

Hi, could you probably help me to figure it out : how to copy enemies so they can chase and kill the player? If I just copy the very first enemy, it’s copies do not work propally, but I don’t know why…

I only spent about nearly 20 mins on this test level

Objective: kill all enemy

Enemies:
Speed: fast
aggro range: large
health: medium, slightly less than 100
attack damage: weak

The Player has slightly reduced damage.

basically, I’m looking at a level with like a dark shipyard/warehouse setting for now where enemies would notice you further than expected, so the player must check their surroundings often in the dark so they don’t get clobbered to death from behind.

My game concept is Zombie Escape, I basically made this game to follow along and learn the course.

1 Like

Sounds pretty good!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms