Shorter Lectures

@ben - you mentioned in this lecture about our opinion on the shorter lectures. I say perfect! I am an experienced developer, so what I’m more interested in is how to work with Unity. If I were reading this as a book, I would be skimming the learning about C# bits and focusing on the Unity library calls you make.

I think an abbreviated video for experienced developers that focuses more on Unity would be ace. I definitely love the value that this gives newer developers, so don’t get my intent wrong sir.

Thanks!

A belated thank-you for this feedback Chris.

Hi. just my 2 cents regarding a question you presented on our thoughts of the length of lessons.

I think the course is GREAT!! I am happy with the 10mins approx lessons as alot is put into them, the shorter ones are even better as I say to myself once I get through them “that’s another lesson done with”. I can understand how maybe some more time is needed for certain topics so 10>+ minute lessons I can handle in small doses. I try do a few lessons in a sitting as I am aware having breaks are important.

All in all, I think the course is set out perfectly in my opinion. I like how each section for the course to has say 10 more lessons added to it just so we are not too overwhelmed at the start of the course. For example the first section starting with 10 lessons, then the next section 30 then 40, 50, 50, 60. Again, I can appreciate how it has had a fair bit of thought put behind it.

It is nice to hear you asking what we think of the duration for a lesson. Personally, I am happy with the course as a whole. A really really nice course to have picked up. I am very glad I did so. Ok, almost finished the project booster section. Will try get through the whole course within couple weeks :). Wish me luck ;). I am going at this daily.

edit - Thanks OP for making this topic also :slight_smile:

I think most of the lectures are about right, although I sometimes wonder why you only cover one point and think you could probably add in some additional points. As I am new to coding, I think more independent challenges would be a good way to learn C# better. I think the explanations of Unity are great.

In regard to this lecture, I would recommend taking a bit more time to explain the math and calculations that go into it. This was the first lecture I struggled with, probably because of the math aspects.

Privacy & Terms