Short notes on tank game

After a little bit of research as Ben described at the end of the video, here are my notes:

It looks like there are four different kinds of movement that the controls have to handle: (1) moving the tank back and forth, (2) turning it, and (3) rotating the turret independent of the tank and (4) raising/lowering it.

About #4, I did learn that the M1 Abrams has some electric motors[1] that stabilize its turret as the tank is going up and downhill. Maybe that’s beyond the scope of this tutorial, but I thought I’d share it.

Finally, about features, it looks like World of Tanks just has a percentage system for health, and I assume damage isn’t broken down by part of the tank.

(Have to admit I haven’t played World of Tanks as of writing these notes. Downloading the engine was rough on a 1.5Mbps connection, but 11GB is gonna take a while :frowning: )

[1] https://youtu.be/hkJn4xgaNWo?t=2526

1 Like

1.5Mbps! Oh man your lucky, in Iran i have 300kb/s if I be lucky at late nights, even tho I downloaded Battle tank to test :slight_smile:, just start dl over night and when you wake up its there :smiley: Only Im doomed and i have to wait a week for downloading stuff if my gov dont filter and scansor that website, Also Udemy is forbidden in Iran and i use Opera mini for it and watching the videos in 144 to 360p :blush: Life sucks here :grimacing:

Privacy & Terms