Short movie is finished!

Thank you very much, and good luck for learning it, it’s very funny :wink:

Wooow!!! claps so hard hands turn red :star_struck: Amazing, just amazing!
However, like everyone else, I did find the transitions a bit abrupt somehow, a bit too noticeable. But wow, all the detail and the design, and the general atmosphere were great. I cannot belive that it didn’t take longer to put all this together.

So, (I can’t count to save my life) if one render took 5 minutes and one second of footage has 24 frames (?) to render, then one second of completed material took two hours? Sixty seconds of completed material would have taken, what, five days…? o.o Ergo three minutes takes a little over a fortnight but in reality much longer, because you probably let your machine rest sometimes.

Anyway, just amazing. :slight_smile:

Thank you very much! :smiley:
I had days when I had to render whole night, sometimes I felt that rendering is much longer than making the actual work :smile:

You know, I do think that rendering does take longer than the actual process of modeling and animation. :rofl:

1 Like

That’s brilliant! I can’t imagine how much time and effort that has taken.

I’d check out the denoising feature, I generally use 64 samples and halve the defaults under denoising (to preserve more detail) so radius 4, feature strength 0.25, strength 0.25 for animation gives a good balance between quality and render speed.
I think you’re using it, but if not, there’s an animate seed button (under sampling in render tab, looks like a clock) that will change the seed every frame, so any noise looks more like a film grain than render noise.

Also, tempting as it is to go for 1080p you’re better off going higher samples at 720p than lower samples at 1080p (if you can notice it)

Thank you, you gave a few nice tips to try out! Especially the film grain :smile:

Wow that looks really awesome. I am going to start this course maybe you have some tips for me because this looks great. I hope you are going to make another short movie. Sorry for my bad english :grinning:

Thank you very much!
I am already thinking about my next one, and if everything goes well I will try to do organic models this time :smiley:
And my tip for every beginner is to don’t be afraid to experiment and watch as much tutorials as you can. I recommend you to expand your knowledge with Youtube after every section of this course. I mentioned in the short movie almost every good Blender channel out there (+ CG Cookie).
I hope this helps :wink:

Really beautifully made! You should be proud, especially as it’s your first movie. Only thing I would say to improve on is the portal sound at the beginning, it doesn’t necessarily match the rest of the movie in terms of volume, which makes it seem a bit off. It also sounds like a low quality download file, it’s hard to explain, the beginning is fine, but as it progresses, the additional hissing sounds at 0.30 take away from the overall feel of it. The continuous black flashes also take away from the continuity of the story but other than that it’s incredible!

The sound is the only thing which wasn’t made by me (except the robot voice), but I will try to find better quality next time. Also, I will keep in mind that advice :smile:

1 Like

Wow! Fantastic job! Great models and animation!

Privacy & Terms