Sho here's my current game's tweaked and tuned performance

Well, I added longer frames, tried adding some ‘obstacles’ by making the ship deliberately go into the mountain but I found that it messed with the camera since the geography of the mountains made it harder to set the camera the way I wanted. But well, I can always make up for that by adding proper enemy ships at the right locations.

2 Likes

Awesome job for trying! It’s
Better to try than to never know. You are on your way to be an excellent game developer.

True! In the end, it did tell me which kind of terrain would be better for certain types of games/objectives. I do think that my terrain could be atleast 4-times bigger to give the stage more variety and flying space. I only wish I had gotten the right resources/exposure to game development much sooner. Back then, the courses I came across were simply not at ‘beginner’ level or were not engaging enough to get my interest in the domain. Gamedev’s courses on the other hand have been amazing so far and I hope to be able to enter the industry after gaining more experience through the courses here.

Privacy & Terms