Sharing your ideas

I agree that it is crucial to share your ideas and get feedback. However, I also wanted to share another perspective I recently heard. I recently watched a video in Masahiro Sakurai’s(Super Smash Bros, Kid Icarus, Kirby) youtube series titled “Keeping Your Internal Pressure High” who takes a slightly different approach. He suggests building up your internal pressure, refining and polishing your ideas before sharing them as the act of sharing can sometimes leave you feeling satisfied and could lead to your ideas losing power.

Here is the link to the video by Sakurai:

1 Like

I totally relate to this and have experienced it myself. Sometimes talking too much about an idea before you start working on it lets all the steam out of it. Thanks for sharing an alternative take.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this!

I actually think this ties in nicely with Rick’s talk in a lot of ways. You don’t need to keep internal pressure to finish an entire GAME before showing someone, but the video suggested waiting until your GDD is complete before sharing. Once you have a GDD it’s a great time to share and get feedback from peers, because you have enough there to get GOOD feedback instead of just something like “yeah it’d be funny to see that”.

Happy I ran across this video, seriously appreciate it.

1 Like

Glad you enjoyed it! I try to check sakurias channel from time to time, he puts out some good videos!

Privacy & Terms