Sharing my goals

• my goal : with this course: to be able to achieve my side project.

• my plan : i plan to binge the course, i’m a fast learner i am acctualy following a "analyst developer professional curiculum so i can manage only 1-3h a day.

• my side project : is a big one (as everyone i guess) a vr 4X (and i keep the details for myself for now).

• my gear : i own an HTC vive with INDEX controlers and i dream o beeing able to buy a VARIO XR3 (but that’s a draem … :zipper_mouth_face: ).

• i’m looking forward : aquiering the means to my end :stuck_out_tongue:

(sorry for my bad English).

1 Like

Hi Quentin,
Welcome to the VR Course. I hope you find it useful.

Make sure you take your time - the UE features are quite advanced and I found the course quite hard going at the time, even with 20+ years of C++ experience.

Good luck.

hello and thanks,
as previously stated i’m a fast learner ^^
already expandind on the course (making trigonometry to hide/unhide the teleport destination maker based on the angle between the VRRoot and the hit result normal (made a post about my solution) as i don’t realy want to use navmesh for the player).
i don’t have 20 years of experience in c++ tho (i come from c#) but as i use to say, “it is not about the language … it is about the ideas”. I find myself at ease with c++ basic concepts and am eager to expand my knowledge.

your encouragements are welcomed tho thanks and good luck to you also !

2 Likes

I’m down to buy a VR 4x game! Congrats on starting this journey, good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms