Share your simple Sandbox

My simple sandbox.

2 Likes

I decided to make mine pretty similar to what Rick is doing. Made the Terrain in Blender. It took me a bit of searching and experimenting to figure out how to get the models and textures into Unity (note this version of Unity doesn’t like Blender 2.80), but I am satisfied with this as a first step.

Updated Thu Jul 11 2019 08:35
guess it would make sense if I posted the pic

4 Likes

2 Likes

My small village.

10 Likes

Here’s mine. A basis one. Nothing too sophisticated.

2019-07-19_00h58_20

2 Likes

My Sandbox with NavMesh

Nick

2 Likes

Sandbox example

5 Likes

My capsule player peeping at me from a distance…

2 Likes

Nothing special. Made a small hill with houses on top and a mini village.

3 Likes

Omg wow

I did the same as the video, except I imported my own asset pack instead of using the one from the course. I made my edges more ‘rolling hills’ than unpassable mountains, but I can add them later if we don’t make another way to keep the player from diving off the edge. Two grass textures for the town and hillside, and one dirt texture for the path painted on the terrain. Funny how quick you can throw something together that looks like you spent more than a few minutes on it. I just had to resize my assets to match the size of the ‘player’ (‘he’ was almost twice the height of the doorways) and move the trees and rocks so their roots/bases were slightly under the ground because I think it looks more natural that way.

12 Likes

Here is my sandbox after finishing the movement part of the course. I am mainly publishing it as a way to force myself to keep in communication and thus motivated on continuing. I shared it on ShareMyGame so that you don’t have to download or install anything, just play from the browser.

*note: I highly recommend publishing your work on the FREE ShareMyGame.com website, as it makes it easy for you to keep sharing your progress and getting regular input :grin:

RPG Sandbox - Movement

You can click or click-and-hold to move the character somewhere. You can probably fall off the map, but that wasn’t something I was focusing on yet. Also, for a presently unknown reason, I cannot get it to play in Chrome, but it works fine in Firefox… Could be I have a blocker or chrome add-on in the way or it could be a problem with my publish settings.

Please let me know if it works or doesn’t work for you and which browser/versions you are using. Thanks!

1 Like

Ok, so I finished the combat section 5 and published my project to the internet again. We were being entertained by the new “female walk” animation, and this song came on the radio, turning it from ‘funny’ to ‘omg hilarious’. Especially when we realized that the dwarves all turned to face her, then looked down to follow her butt!!!

5 Likes

My sandbox level…never used the terrain tool before. Nice to try something new :slight_smile:
sandboxLVL

2 Likes

Its pretty cool, huh?

Base sandbox with some houses and tight forest grouping. BaseSandbox

2 Likes

That is my first sandbox :grinning:

2 Likes

I’ve added some transformations to the trees and buildings. In my opinion, the result is pretty cute :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Here is my first attempt! I’m not a great artist though :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Hello there, backing to the course here Nice up on this course thx and here is mine now map

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms