Share your first git branch screenshot

I’d love to see your history, here’s mine

1 Like

was going to do something more comical but i happened to have Ricks block breaker lesson open so went with a simple test.

2 Likes

have to say, its making a heck of alot more sense now, good to get some direction and instruction well needed.
fantastic stuff :slight_smile:

3 Likes

True. I didn’t know about stash. That could of been very handy in the past.

2 Likes

branches

Here’s my screenshot. Nothing fancy or original.

While I’ve known about git, github, and version control for a while, I really wish I knew about stashing and how easy a program like Sourcetree can make everything.

Anyone else get uncommitted changes when switching between branches?

2 Likes

I’m combining this lesson with the Unity Physics lesson and trying out a few fun things in the scenes like adding a RigidBody to the ball (I’m still early on in that lesson so if it happens later, I haven’t reached it yet) as well as adding a floor with a checkered material to gauge distance of the ball as it’s flying through “space”.

This is what my repo looks like.

3 Likes

Also as you can see by my 3rd commit, I was little bit taken by the fact that I couldn’t just ignore .meta files, which I then had to undo. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

How did you two actual branches? Mine ended up like @ben 's.

1 Like

Seems I have done it right.

3 Likes

Sorry for the late reply.

I forget, actually. I think I just committed multiple times to separate branches.

1 Like

Finally back with my laptop. Fun with making a porcupine in Unity

1 Like

I messed up a little bit at first, because I didn’t make branches, I think, I just made them go straight up.
So then I decided to make a tree in Unity and see if I could then get some branches, and that worked.

I think I was probably checked out on the wrong branch. Can that make sense?

1 Like

Merged in my pt-tree and Unity is happy as a fiddle.

Now I need to find out if I want my snowman instead, which I think I will. Hopefully the course will let us fix this later on.

1 Like

I must say, I am learning much more from this course then other version control courses I’ve taken in the past. VC has always been a stumbling block for me, but the teaching style is making it a lot more clearer.

4 Likes

So glad to hear Chris :slight_smile:

I run a few game servers for friends. Here is my wip of my tinkering so far with a minecraft pack from FTB (Feed-the-Beast) loaded with MultiMC. This is not going to be a public repo because it contains work other than mine (the mods themselves).

2 Likes

Looks like someone is trying to recreate the London underground map in git :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Here’s what I got … image

1 Like

For want of something more original: Snowman, car and tree

1 Like

branchChallenge

I also did the thing

1 Like

Privacy & Terms