Share Your 1.5 Page GDD With Us

We’d love to see what design you’ve come up with for your RPG, please share a screenshot of your 1.5 Page GDD…

5 Likes

I’m doing two projects side-by side. :stuck_out_tongue:
The first project is following closely to the systems and concepts of the course:

The second project is taking the systems/lessons and tweaking them:

8 Likes

Sharing my GDD here for “The Broken”. It’s not 1.5 pages because I have a little extra in terms of explaining the core game mechanic under Game Summary. I can’t wait to see where it goes!

The Broken GDD

3 Likes

This is the GDD I’ve been working on for my RPG project. I’ve been working on it since I first started the RPG course (before the remaster) so it has a bit more to it than what Rick shows.

The most important thing I think I added is the “Elevator Pitch” which is a description of your project that you can give in the time it takes an elevator to go up or down one floor (~15 seconds).

MTH GDD

2 Likes

My 1.5 page gdd

I haven’t been following the course for a while, but it’s cool to see the updates that are happening. I thought I’d pick back up the game I was working on the first time around:

Mad Mechs GDD

2 Likes

not really 1.5 i deviated quite a bit, but still took some pieces, from Rick’s GDD.
this is the game, i have been making, since the original RPG course, so i know quite a bit, but i left it for a while and stuff, and now, i have decided to remake the GDD.
and so, here is the third iteration of the GDD of the game.

@Rick_Davidson Your “ultimate riddle” reminds me of Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy humor :smile:

1 Like

2 Likes

I love the ideas! Keep it up! I’ll be gladly to play them when they come out or need testing!

1 Like

Screenshot%20(70)

2 Likes

Looks like a fun game! :smiley: What are the bosses going to be? Like, the giant mind-controlled creatures themselves, or the ones controlling them. It seems almost mean to destroy them when they’re mind-controlled.

They will be mind controlled from a mythical being. When you defeat the boss you will knock them back to there senses. Which will restore order to that part of the world. But there are some other enemies who you will be able to destroy. Like the main boss. He is an evil dude and deserves to be destroyed.

Some bosses will be a volcano titan, a sand titan, earth titan, water titan etc. some regular enemies will be skeletons, goblins, bandits and spirits. I am using the polygon assets to bring this game to life.

firefox_2019-03-29_20-04-20

3 Likes

4 Likes

“Just better”, lol.
Harvest Moon and Stardew Valley are amazing, I haven’t heard of Rune Factory before though. Sounds like it’ll be a lot of fun when it’s done!

Here’s my depressing GDD.

Reclamation GDD

link says “Request Access” so, i can’t basically access it :slight_smile:

Yea I know good point. By better I just mean new features and ideas. Something to distinguish it. Rune Factory was made by the same team that made the Harvest Moon games. It’s basically Harvest Moon with a much more involved rpg dungeon/combat storyline.

Privacy & Terms