Shading problems

Hi, my image of the mech is totally distorting and is having strange glitches in the shading viewport. Does anybody know what can be the cause of this problem? thanks!

possibly double check the latest GPU drivers are installed.
is it the same output in Cycles as well as Eevee?

1 Like

Hi, thanks for your reply! Yes itā€™s the same with cycles and Eevee, also tried different files and different versions of Blender. My radeon software says Iā€™m having the latest updates thoughā€¦

not sure how Radeon work, but does that update the OpenGL side of it as well along with the standard GPU drivers?

1 Like

Hi, I donā€™t knowā€¦ I do know it updates to the latest gpu drivers, but how to check OPenGL? Or maybe I have to enable openGL in Blender?

tried to install specific drivers for my graphics card, but it didnā€™t work, still having this glitches in shading viewport, also enabled open gl in preferences, also tried ā€˜noneā€™, but same resultā€¦

Blender version?

try to render without GPU! Just to find out if that is the problem.

1 Like

ah, never thought about that one Pete :+1:

1 Like

Hi Pete, thanks for your reply! Iā€™m using 2.91.0, but the problem is also now (but not earlier) in version 2.8

1 Like

And render only with CPU?

Hi Pete, thanks, I tried to turn on/of ā€˜noneā€™, and ā€˜openCLā€™, but in both cases the problem continuesā€¦

Render engine ā€œWorkbenchā€ (which is a version of Eevee)?

then I get a more ā€˜layout like visualisationā€™:

1 Like

and this is the image in Eevee:

1 Like

Strange problem! Are you using AMD ā€¦?

CPU Render only with Cycles.

Yes, Iā€™m using AMD graphics card:

Did you have applied special Material definition schemas to the model?

No and itā€™s the same with every, older, model now too (same issue)

I know there where (in the past) some problems with AMD hardware. But with driver updates it should work. Window? Linus? Apple?

Privacy & Terms