Shading Brush

Which Brush are you using for shading , in Krita? IS it Basic 6 brush? if yes, then it doesn’t work for me at all…
I wish you’ve shown your hands while drawing in this course, as well as the full interface of Krita

@Grant_Abbitt Any help on this one?

1 Like

Yes that’s the brush. You should be able to use most brushes that are pressure sensitive, so in other words respond to the pen pressure, as a shading brush. I’m not sure seeing what i was doing over the shoulder would help much in this case. If you find its not working it could be your drivers for your graphics tablet that are the problem. check you have some pressure sensitivity in your pen

Hello and thank you for the great course.

@Grant_Abbitt Showing your hands while shading with that brush would help little bit to understand how you do the shading,i noticed that you go through 3 levels of pen pressure during the shading process, you go with light then something in the middle then you increase the pressure slightly for a darker shade, do you keep the pen on the tablet during this whole process or not? that’s why i said filming your hands and not your shoulders would have helped a little bit for a beginner like me. Here is my attempt to do the shading on the top of the grenade using that same brush, it just comes completely different than expected.what am i doing wrong?

yes that’s a good point it would have been helpful in the earlier videos to show how i was using my pen. You are doing it correctly. If you keep you pen on the paper it will not build up so you can do an area like that and move on. I tend to keep the flow settings low and then keep applying, so keep taking my pen of and on to build up gradually. I hope this manages to help. The grenade is looking good :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms