Shaders?

Earlier I was trying to get the particle system to do something and just couldn’t get the result that I wanted. After a bit of searching around on the net, I found something similar that was accomplished using shaders. I realized that I haven’t learned anything about shaders yet, and Unity is my first ever experience with 3d graphics so I don’t have any prior knowledge to draw on here. Does one of the Gamedev.tv courses touch on shaders and shader programming?

I’ve been browsing over the Unity docs related to shaders and I was wondering if anybody has suggestions for other places for info about them.

Hi,

What kind of shader programming are you interested in? Writing Cg/HLSL or using Shader Graph?

If you are interested in Cg/HLSL, you could take a look at Penny de Byl’s Udemy course “Shader Development from Scratch for Unity with Cg”. I don’t know it and it has nothing to do with GameDev.tv but people seem to be happy with it.

If you are interested in ShaderLab, you could take a look at Wilmer Lin’s and Rick Davidson’s Udemy course “Unity Tech Art: Realistic Lighting For Game Development”. The 6th section covers this tool.

Last but not least, you can find lots of tutorials on Youtube.

Hopefully, this helps. :slight_smile:

I will have to learn a little of both to see which works for me I think. Thanks for the info Nina.

I actually had picked up the lighting course earlier and completely forgot about it. If only there weren’t about 20 more hours in a day. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms