"Shader Editor", "Simple Worn Edges" and "Lamps And Emissive Materials"

“Intro to the Shader Editor” challenge:

For this challenge; I simply experimented with almost every shader node that was available in Blender and I didn’t had any plan, so it turned like this… It isn’t pretty, but I wanted to play a bit more than usual to see what I could end up with.

I’m still undecided if I’m going to leave the transparent material on the platform, because I’m afraid that it can increase a lot the rendering times.

“Simple Worn Edges” challenge:

I might play a bit more with the node to see if I can apply a bit of wear on the base of the lamp.

“Lamps And Emissive Materials” challenge:

I decided to stick with the emissive material on the bulb, due to the fact the spot lamp doesn’t alter the end result significantly with current lighting that I have.

5 Likes

Your results are impressive, xxx Jess

1 Like

You had fun trying all those out!

I would avoid the transparent material unless it is important to your end objective it does ass rendering time.

2 Likes

Thank you! :grinning:

I definitely had fun trying out the node available. :grin:

I was afraid that would be the case. The transparent material isn’t all that important for the final animation. It was just a result of trying out all the different nodes and see how it looked (also because I thought that it look cool :sweat_smile:) .

I will change it with a simpler material for the final animation to improve rendering speeds.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms