Settlers of Catan

I can’t even remember how I stumbled across this game, but I rapidly got into it. It’s currently available on mobile devices and on the PC but started life as a board game. I am longing to buy the board game but it is surprisingly expensive at around £40, Amazon have it typically for just over £31 but that still seems a bit rich for a board game. I am also conscious that I don’t really have anyone to play it with!

Anyone else ever played it?

I’ve played it a couple of times. My brother in law loves it.

It’s fun for a bit, but it seems to drag on and get boring after a while.

I’d rather play Risk, or Betrayal at House on the Hill

1 Like

Yeah I guess I’ve not got to that stage yet as I can only play against the AI on the campaign missions really, so haven’t had a proper board game version of it yet.

Risk I enjoy, I managed to get my lad a copy of the Star Wars Clone Wars version (he’s a bit of a fan) a couple of years ago and he is now old enough to understand it more easily and think a bit more strategically… I have since put the free version app on my phone but again play against the AI.

Would like to get Catan but can’t really justify the money to have no one to play with… lol, what a billy no mates eh… lol

I didn’t know there was a video game of it.

I’ve only played the board game.

Yeah, I love board games, but rarely buy them because finding people to play with is hard, when everyone has to be an adult most of the time.

1 Like

I have just ordered Exploding Kittens from Amazon, they had it down to £10 yesterday on their Prime Day thing… I am utterly intrigued by the title, although doubt very much the box will contain any explosives or cats… hoping to find out tomorrow when it’s delivered :smiley:

Update

Being an adult sucks! :smiley:

I haven’t played that one, but I am a fan of Cards Against Humanity.

I also was a backer on Cyanide & Happinesses game, Joking Hazard. I can’t wait for it to arrive.

1 Like

I am intruiged by CAH too but with probably only my 10 year old son to play with I have a suspicion it might not quite be appropriate :slight_smile:

I will have to check out these other games you have mentioned Chris, thanks for sharing etc… :slight_smile:

Yeah, Cards Against Humanity is not at all appropriate for children. lol.

1 Like

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I thought that may be the case…

I 3d printed the game but havent played that version yet … im afraid it will either be TOTALLY AWESOME or totally terrible ( the 3d version, I love the game )…

1 Like

That looks really cool Todd :slight_smile:

The new version, Catan Universe appears to be coming along slowly online, also.made with Unity!

Last time I played the web version ran out of memory but I was able to download the Windows client and have had several enjoyable games on that. Definitely recommend checking it out :slight_smile:

Absolutely love Settlers of Catan!

I don’t own the boardgame but I have friends that do and we sometimes play when we visit every month.

You’ll have to move closer to me and then you’d have somebody to play against!

1 Like

Think I saw where you were based on here before, ironically drive by on the way to my girlfriend’s in Loughborough :slight_smile:

I do have the app on my phone too but havent tried playing that online yet… if you have it also perhaps we could give it a try sometime? No idea whether it lrts you save and continue later etc… :slight_smile:

I believe I own it from a Humble Bundle sometime. I’ll install it!

1 Like

Cool - is that on a mobile device or PC?

The new Catan Universe is looking pretty good. They still need to tweak the localisation a bit though as often some of the wording comes up in German, but it doesn’t effect the game play too much :slight_smile:

I own it on mobile.

Just looking at Catan Universe :slight_smile:

1 Like

My online player name is, shockingly, RobMeade feel free to add me if you fancy a game some time :slight_smile:

Added you, I’m noise if couldn’t have guessed :stuck_out_tongue:

24 posts were split to a new topic: Our Catan Game

Privacy & Terms