Selected Visual

one small thing that was bugging me with the Circle Outline texture is that even though the Surface Type is set to transparent there was the small visual bug of still seeing the square of the Quad.

A quick fix I found for this is in the Material under Surface Options, just enable Alpha Clipping and play around with the Threshold. I found that, for me, I like having my this set to just over 0.6+ so the center of the circle is also transparent to the player.

4 Likes

Yeah I think the alpha channel on the texture isn’t perfectly transparent which is why you see that. Since I had the light behind the camera for most of the game I didn’t notice that until much later.
You can indeed use alpha clipping to solve that, or just load the texture into Photoshop or some image program and make the alpha channel perfect.

3 Likes

I just found out that when the (Alpha clipping) is selected you can make it fully transparent by setting it’s threshold to 0.601. Never mind I just re-read the previous post again and he already did that.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms