Section 5 Lecture 101

This is my lighting with Cycles attempt.

6 Likes

This Little Light of Mine [I’m gonna let it shine]

8 Likes

I really dig that scene! It shows some nice mood lighting.

Just did a little playing around with a plane and two cubes. The plane is the main light source and there’s a green cube and a red cube emitting light behind the cylinder.

I decided to try out ceiling lights like in an office space.

Does anyone have any idea why it came out so grainy…?

2 Likes

Taking a quick guess, I’d say you probably need to up the Samples you set your Cycles render to. The larger number of Samples, the clearer the render.

2 Likes

How high do you have the intensity on your light panels? when your samples are low higher light intensity creates noise in the final render.

1 Like

Interesting takes on the lecture.

Here is my Backdrop setting. I tried to keep it simple and clear, as I am a Designer and I really like clean, subtle, details.

And here is a render of that scene:

3 Likes

Really nice and clean! just like you wrote.

1 Like

This is my attempt using a cone and a plane as light sources

1 Like

Hi,

I tried to replicate a setting sun’s light by the window and a neon light in the room, but, oh boy, it took forever… because of “Reflective caustics” in the “Light paths” subdivision in the “Render” properties :expressionless: (More on that later)

Here is the final result with 512 samples:

2 min to render, quite smooth, no need to increase the sample number :slightly_smiling_face:
(Or else I would have to wait 8min for a 2048 sample render)

Reflective caustic On

Here is the result I get with Reflective caustic On, Bounces between 24 and 3 (Unchanged) :

Looks much more realistic on the floor but the whole image is awful, isn’t it ? Took me forever to figure out where fireflies came from…

Cheers !

2 Likes

Just did it.

1 Like

Hello all! Beautiful ideas above! I hope to get more creative with mine as I get the hang of all of this! :stuck_out_tongue: Here is how mine looks right now:

Here is my setup. I’m getting a lot more comfortable rendering using cycles. Turned up the samples to 500 and it rendered at 29 seconds on my 1060 3gb. On to the next lecture! :smiley:

And here are what my lights look like.

Here’s my lighting

Hi guys, I am having problems with the surface option not appearing in my material list is something there turning that off? because I can’t see it. I tried opening a new project and still not seeing it.(upload://iA4LV5ZQZ1BqcoU4iu3iXpuVEgH.png)

Hi, played a little bit with two different light colors:

Privacy & Terms