Section 5 - Animated lamp

This time i made two renderings, first one came out a little too dark so i made a second one that is brighter.
Once again i couldn’t resist the urge to add extra stuff to my scene so here it is, lamp on a desert-ish mountain top/valley.

First rendering(dark one) took maybe 2 hours and the second one took 7 or 8 hours on a gtx 2080ti.

Animated lamp (dark)

Animated lamp (bright)

Animation could have been done better, the rock i made had pretty much no even surface so it was difficult to align the base so it wouldn’t clip into it.

5 Likes

I like the second animation better as well. It’s easier to see what’s going on with the day lighting, than the night lighting. The animation itself is nice and smooth, so I’d say well done. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Good lamp animation. Render times for animation are a killer even on good equipment like that. All for so few seconds. Shows up how hard it still is for hobbyists remotely to make a decent length story let alone film, lol.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback.

While i was tweaking rendering settings in blender i was surprised how easy it was to make rendering time take minutes per frame. Really gotta think what is important and if that extra level of rendering quality is worth the time and effort for current scene.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms