Section 4 - Low poly pawn preview

If there is anything learnt in video 75, is that it might make sense to be in the edit mode, when you are tossing different mesh objects for one model. I wasn’t able to bridge the edges of the pawn head and the rest of its body, as they were created as 2 different objects. So I got them as close as possible with maybe tiniest overlap, since it is hard for me to get proper snapping possibly because I am not very good at it.
I did join all the parts together, so technically it is 1 mesh.
Does anyone know, what unwanted intersecting geometry will do in a real life game? Thank you!

2 Likes

You are only able to join verts in edit made and the parts all have to be part of the same object.

As I understand it games do not worry over mesh objects being inside each other.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback - always appreciated!

You maybe could have separated the loose parts of top and bottom into their own object, then overlapped them and joined. I think this way you wouldn’t have any overlapping vertices and faces

1 Like

It eats up memory and render time. So clean up.

You need to address this problem. It’s part of Blender basics!

You need to join the object into a single object. Then you have access to the meshes and things like bridge loops.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! I think that makes a lot of sense.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms