Section 4 Lecture 87

My LP King model.

2 Likes

Here is mine.

4 Likes

This one’s mine :slight_smile:

`

4 Likes

I really like how you made the cross on the top of it.

Love the cross!

Ta Da…I have a feeling adding more geometry will affect how the next few lectures will turn out.

1 Like

Here is what I did with my King

2 Likes

Here it is! I used a cube for the cross .I added The Mirror modifier for the extra work

4 Likes

3 Likes

My King

2 Likes

Decided to keep the cross simple. OOP! Gotta use that Boolean Modifier to connect the top to the rest!!

2 Likes

As suggested, using the queen as a base made this challenge much easier to finish.

I adjusted the scale values to 1.125, 1.125, 1.125. I deleted her jagged top and bridged edge loops. I maintained the ball atop her crown to use as the base for the king’s cross.

For the cross, I dropped in a cube, placed it and resized. I added four edge loops - 2 vertically and 2 horizontally - so I could cut out each corner. I added edges to the inner corners and then finished off each corner with faces. I adjusted the edges by scaling them to get the angled corners.

UPDATE 15 June: As I started watching how Michael did it, I realized I had left the subdivided faces on my model. I went back and cleared them out and refaced the top of the model.

1 Like

I tried a few different methods to make the cross; First tried cutting into a cube using the Boolean modifier but I couldn’t get my cut placement right. Then I tried something similar to the method he used, but I didn’t like the look of it. This one I got from thinning a cube, beveling the edges and pulling in the faces.

1 Like

My King

1 Like

The result of the sex changing surgery for my Queen, allow me to introduce to you The King.

3 Likes

The Queen becomes a king. Just added cube on top, with a little extruding and scale. Beveled the edge of the King’s crown, just because.

1 Like

I tried to keep my tris pretty low, while still staying close to the outline of the king reference. I tried sticking to only quads, for faces, but ended up with some triangles! I kind of like how it looks, though.

1 Like

His majesty:

2 Likes

And here is my AWSOME King!!!

2 Likes

That is my version of King!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms