Section 4 - Knights are see through the board in solid mode

This does not seem to affect my ability to render the scene, but I am utterly confused. I tried to google the issue, but I am not even sure what keywords to use. Any ideas would be appreciated.
When twisting around my full chess set on a board in solid mode, I noticed knights are overlapping any object in their way, and I can see them from any angle, while other objects are visible only when they should be.
Ex., if I am looking at the bottom of my board, I shouldn’t see the chess pieces, but I can see the knights.

• They have been added with a bunch of other pieces, and they’ve been linked to the same empty objects (when empty is moved around, knights move around along with other child objects).
  • Knights are the only objects created with mirroring modifier.
  • Blender 2.93.4

Any idea, if this should be fixed, and if it could cause problems down the road? TY!

General Q&A note
Please give full screenshots with any questions. With the relevant panels open.
Also include the lecture time that is relevant to the problem/issue.
This can be done by Blender itself, via the ‘Window’ menu bar top left hand side. On that menu dropdown is ‘save screenshot’.
Close ups where they help.

I suspect somehow you have set some items visibility unusually. Impossible to tell without full and relevant panels to see. Like object data properties; visibility dropdown.

Didn’t I make a fool of myself? LOL
Based on your suggestions I checked what was different with the visibility settings, and sure enough - Viewport display dropdown under object properties had “in front” checked.
Thanks for your help!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms