Section 3: Bowling Pin Scene

My finished bowling scene!

Cycles is magic :heart_eyes_cat:

I had trouble with reflections in Eevee, they tended to distort or stretch which was weird, this was the only camera angle that didn’t stretch them too much!

I added a wood flooring from a separate tutorial from Evermotion :smile: https://evermotion.org/tutorials/show/11553/blender-2-8-wooden-floor-tutorial

I love tweaking the material properties. I can’t wait to fully understand how the nodes work because I didn’t really know what I was doing in that area :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Beautiful! Love the shiny pink ball. The floor is nice too, but I feel like the gaps between the boards are a bit big for a bowling lane. If they’re from a bump node you could try reducing the strength, or maybe decrease the mortar width if it’s from a brick texture node.

Nodes are fun! In addition to this course, I learned a lot about them from the Ducky 3D tutorials on Youtube. Still feel like there’s so much to learn about them, but I think I have a basic understanding now, so there’s hope. Keep it up!

1 Like

Thanks Tyger2 :slight_smile: I created the floorboards from mesh cubes and applied a bevel modifier to them. You’re right I strayed away from the bowling alley scene in the end. Some people on here have created some amazing bowling alleys!

Thanks for the tip about Ducky3D :slight_smile:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms