Section 2 Wedge challenge

Managed to figure out a couple of ways to do this.

1. Move default cube to correct co-ordinates, scale to correct length on y, select top edge (at y=4, z=2), right click and dissolve that edge to create the wedge.

2. Move default cube to correct co-ordinates, scale to correct length on y, select vertex at x=1, y=4, z=2 then shift select vertex at x=1, y=4, z=0, right click and merge vertices at last. Repeat for vertexes at x=-1, y=4, z=2 and x=-1, y=4, z=0.

Hope I got my vertex co-ordinates correct in the above…

Both options appear to give a wedge with 6 vertices so I am happy with these solutions.

Must admit that it didn’t cross my mind to do it the way the instructor demonstrated. Not sure if that is a good thing or not :smiley:

I am guessing that there are loads of other ways to achieve this as well.

2 Likes

There are no bad solutions in Blender. Only how efficient you can achieve things.
And what your end goal would be.

Just have fun!

1 Like

That’s actually a really good point. It is far too easy to get caught up trying to figure out the “right” way to carry out a task when there are usually multiple ways to achieve it which are all relevant.

I think I need to learn to become looser with the way I work and stop focussing on trying to find that one perfect solution for each challenge. I am already having so much fun with Blender and the course and I am sure that this would just increase the enjoyment.

I had this problem too (still have). To use (see) Blender as a mathematical (physics based) tool. Pixel precise … But its more a creative tool, making the impossible possible. Like me, there is only one sun in our physical world. My mind was programmed to use only one sun lamp. But more creative people where using multiple suns. Just the create a better lighting effect. This was an eye opener for me.

Have fun.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms