Section 2 Extra practice stuff

Hey all! This is my first post here. I’ve had the course for almost a year and started several times but I’m now actually finally sitting down to hopefully finish the course!

For this part of the course I’ve gone in and made a fork by scaling the default cube, creating loop cuts, and extruding faces for the tines.

Two things I’ve encountered that are driving me nuts are,

1. Holding Alt and right-clicking an edge loop only works within the main object, but at the ends of the object, it only selects a row. I’m attempting to attach a screenshot so hopefully that works and you can see what I mean, at the back end of the fork I did the edge loop select but it only picked that row of edges. Doing the exact same thing with loop of edges under the tip of the green arrow selects the entire loop just fine…Why is this happening?

2. Scaling, rotation, and translation seem to have a default step size which prevents fine adjustments. So for example, with the end of my fork, scaling it down to the current size was tough because even a very slight shift in mouse position would scale it so much in the wrong direction that the faces flipped and vertices went everywhere and it was big mess until I could nudge back that tiny amount to get back to here. How do I allow for finer adjustments?

Thank you!Fork

Privacy & Terms