Section 1: final challenge: "Steven Universe - Amethyst's room"

My take on the final challenge, also my take on Amethyst’s room from Steven Universe :3

9 Likes

Nice composition and colors❤

3 Likes

Thank you! I was going for kind of a pastel vibe :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome to this site.

Great first scene post!

Ancient chest to fridge freezer and golf clubs, thrown it all in there! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes

This is beautiful, well done! xxx jess, I made a room too, but yours is better lol

1 Like

LOL what can i say? Amethyst is a messy gurl :crazy_face:

Cool!! Yours is more of an actual room, tho! :star_struck:

1 Like

Yeah - it’s a room, it’s supposed to be the living room in a very expensive, London, penthouse apartment, it’s where my- jessdoll - character lives, she is a wealthy TV executive, - in my new comic book. I took a tutorial by blender guru, and he made it look easy, took some tips from him, xxx jess

I found a nice rug design to use as carpet in the flat.

1 Like

Considering the Crystal cave, perhaps this is a dragon’s layer? Or because this is small collection, maybe a wyrm or wyvern instead? They all have their peculiarities once you get to know them- while they are hoarders, they are aesthetic at heart. The theme here is cold colours, but this wyrm adds a few warmer tones and greens to emphasize his collection. And no dragon cannot have a proper collection without a chest and some gold (and apparently golf clubs). Considering this, I would assume some frost wyvern. But how he keeps his plants alive remains a mystery to me.

I like your take on trees. These are difficult to portay, especially at the start- most, including myself, tend to plop some spherical shape and call it done. Good use of cylinders!.

Good job with composition, positioning, colours, and the models themselves. simple but well styled- It will be interesting to see what you may come up with next. Keep up with the lessons!

2 Likes

beautiful colours xxx jess

1 Like

Love the colour choices and for some reason I am really taken with the design of the chest - it just really jumped out at me (in a good way). Great work and a really nice scene.

1 Like

Welcome to Gamedev.tv! for a second I thought it was amethyst from Minecraft :rofl: :rofl:,
but very awesome work!!!

1 Like

Now I can’t take the thought of a wyvern playing mini-golf out of my head LOL :rofl:

Thank you, I wanted to portray the leaves, I like the sphere trees, but I think it works better for background trees!

1 Like

Thank you! I used a couple cylinders and some cubes, for the top and bottom, respectively, of the chest and the “metal clasps” thingies

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll think bout making sth Minecraft Related, although it might be a bit too simple LOL :rofl:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms