Section 1 - End of section Challenge: Blue vs Red

Hi everyone,

I would like to share a few thoughts on how I approached this challenge.

I was at the end of my study session yesterday and the next lecture coming up was this one. I just watched the first few minutes of the video to see what’s the challenge going to be. This way I had time to think about what I wanted to accomplish within the given time frame. Let’s say this was pre-production.
After waking up in the morning, one of my first things to do was to write down some ideas that were floating around in my head. These are the bullet points I wrote down:

• Cube Ground
  • Make a river in the middle (fog above surface of water). Make the river trapezoid shaped
  • Use bridge from before
  • Use torches from before
  • Red vs blue
  • Use townhall from before
  • Random transform trees
  • Make a wall around the scene if time allows it
  • Make one side first, then mirror and flip it

So, after I’d arrived home earlier today I read the challenge description and my notes again, set up a timer and started working on the project.

This is the result after 1 hour of work:

I did pretty much everything I wanted that are mentioned in my bullet points above, which I’m happy about. The only thing I left out is the wall idea due to the time constraint. Working this way helped me to focus on what I wanted to see before me and made me avoid adding on the fly ideas. Of course, I felt the need of tweaking at the end but I wanted to abide the 1 hour rule.

I hope I managed to inspire you a little bit today. Keep on creating!

Cheers! :smile:

5 Likes

All very organised and well worked.

1 Like

Well, well, well, if it isn’t the town hall building from Warcraft II :wink:

2 Likes

You have a keen eye, my friend. Yes, it is the human town hall from Warcraft II :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Some close ups: Section 1 - Mid section Challenge: Human Town Hall from Warcraft 2

1 Like

Privacy & Terms