Sculpting Issue: Seam Down the Centerline

Hey all, I am having a bizarre issue that I can’t fix.

I am applying the fine detailing to my orc with alphas applied to my draw brush. I am getting a “stubborn seam” along the centerline of my mesh. I sculpt over the line, but it leave a noticeable seam. When I tried carving away along the centerline, I am left with a "razorback along the centerline.

Things I have tried;

• Double checking that there is no mirror modifier applied
  • Merging vertices by distance (in case there were duplicates)
  • clearing the sculpt mask (I played around with the masks recently)
  • Symmetrize-ing the sculpt ( did some asymmetric work recently)

Does anyone have any idea what my issue is or how to solve it?

1 Like

Try Remesh

In the top right corner is a button for Remesh, lowering the Voxel size will increase detail.

2 Likes

It looks like you had overlapping vertices when you applied the mirror modifier. Maybe just a little bit and very small, but enough to cause a crease in this area. Maybe redo the mirroring and make sure there is no overlapping in this area.

2 Likes

Usually down to mirror modifiers not having merge ticked.

You will probably have to go in by hand and fix the mesh in that area so it can be sculpted smoother.

A finer remesh might do it also.

2 Likes

Thanks all,

I tried hand repairing the mesh, but no luck. there were no duplicated verts to remove.

Remeshing worked, I lost a little detail, but such is life. Excited to resume sculpting tonight!

2 Likes

It popped up again, I think it comes from using Symmetrize. Remesing cleared it again

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms